This act defines the structure of the Scottish water industry after the three former authorities merged to create Scottish Water.
- The post of Drinking Water Quality Regulator for Scotland (DWQR) as well as Scottish Water and the Water Industry Commission was created.
- DWQR is responsible for enforcing The Public Water Supplies (Scotland) Regulations 2014.
- DWQR is independent of Scottish Ministers.
- DWQR has powers to obtain information, power of entry or inspection and, power of enforcement.
- DWQR also has emergency powers to require the water supplier to carry out works that ensure the quality of water supplied is safe for public consumption.
For the full act, click the link: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2002/3/contents