Private Supplies Complaints

If you have visited a premises with a private supply and were not happy with the quality of the water, or you have a private supply and are having difficulties with your supply you should contact the environmental health department of the local authority where the supply is located.

If you are not satisfied with the response you have received from a local authority, you should contact them to follow their complaints process. If, on conclusion of the complaints process, you are still unsatisfied, your complaint should be addressed to the SPSO (Scottish Public Services Ombudsman).