DWQR commissions a limited number of research projects to improve our understanding of water quality issues. This might include a study of an emerging contaminant or novel treatment process.
- Wherever possible DWQR will collaborate with other bodies in the UK and worldwide to deliver this research.
- Issues of particular relevance to Scotland will be commissioned by the DWQR alone.
- All DWQR research projects are funded and managed by the Scottish Government.
- All research is published on this website, unless there is a compelling reason not to do so, with reports and summaries accessable below.
- Dissemination of research and operational activities are achieved by engaging with organisations and networks interested in water quality and presenting details of work undertaken in Scotland.
DWQR has presented work undertaken on private water supply risk assessments at events organised by the World Health Organisation and the UN.